Marine Scene is fully committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers while providing the highest possible quality of service. We only use the information that we collect about you lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and do not pass on any customer information to third parties.
Cookies are used on our site as they are on all shopping sites. They are needed to allow us to keep track of the contents of your shopping cart. Without this our store would not work. When you order online we do not add your email to our mailing list, we leave this up to you to decide whether you want to hear about out latest products and special offers. If you do add your email address and you change your mind you can unsubscribe at any time.
As of the 26th May 2012 in accordance with the EU Cookie Directive 2012 we display all of the information on the cookies used on our website on an editorial page.
In accordance with new privacy rules from the 25th May 2018, we have amended our privacy statement:
• We collect information about you when you register an account on any of our websites.
• Place an order for products or services via the website or over the phone.
• When you purchase a product in store.
• When you contact us via email.
• If you have an account with us we collect: your name, gender, date of birth, billing/delivery address, email and telephone number.
• Payment details (card numbers are not stored with us, but by 3rd party banking companies, PayPal and WorldPay)
We do not automatically collect any information about users of this website. We collect information about you to process your order, manage your account, respond to queries & returns. With your consent, we will email you about products and services we think may be of interest to you.
Marine Scene will not share your information for marketing purposes with any other company.
We treat your data with the utmost care and take appropriate steps to protect it. We secure access to all transactional areas of our website using 'https' technology. Access to your personal data is password protected, and sensitive data (such as payment information) is held by third party banking companies, Paypal and Sagepay.
You have the right to request:
• Access to the personal data we hold about you
• The correction of your personal data when incorrect
• That we stop using your personal data when you withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
If you don’t want us to use your personal data:
• Click the 'Unsubscribe' link in any email newsletter we send you. We will then stop any further emails.
• E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Write to Marine Scene, Unit 5 South Cornelly Trading Est, South Cornelly, Bridgend, CF33 4RE
This Website is provided for information only. We are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any form of damages whatsoever resulting from the use (or misuse) of information contained in or implied by the information on this site and as such are not responsible for the consequences resulting from the use of such information.