Nautical Gift Ideas Over £50
Nautical Campbell Vernier Replica Sextant.
Full-size vernier sextants were, in skilled hands, instruments of great accuracy, practicality and beauty - a joy to own and use, but also essential to the safety of the ship. Our replica is dedicated to Royal Navy Captain John Campbell, who developed the instrument in 1757. Crucially his invention appeared at about the same time as the first accurate, portable chronometers - and the combination of the two transformed navigation from guesswork to science, saving countless lives at sea. This importance gave rise to the air of mystique which surrounds the instrument and its use, even in today's age of electronic wizardry. Ref: NC-4562
Nautical Naval Officers Telescope
This classic four drawer, 12x magnification telescope is typical of those used by 18th century naval officers. The Admiralty, having experimented with higher magnifications, had decided that this was about the optimum for use at sea - so concentrated instead on developing practical features such as the slide-out hood for reducing glare when the sun was high. Ref: NC-7161
Nautical Ships Telegraph.
Our display ships telegraph pays tribute to the ingenuity of steam and marine engineers. Modelled on the standard twin-lever pedestal telegraph, using solid cast brass throughout, it features an internal bell which rings when the lever's position is changed. The dials can be illuminated inside to create an intriguing atmospheric nautical lamp. Ref: NC-7141
Nautical US Mark V Divers Helmet.
Ornamental diving helmets, made from solid brass and copper, recall the days when the pioneers of diving struggled on the ocean bed in equipment heavier than themselves.
Our full-size replica, based on the US MkV model, is so complete that from the outside very close examination is required to detect that it is not an original. It measures 12" across and weighs 37-lb. Ref: NC-7121
Plastimo Hand bearing Hand held Compass. Hand bearing / steering compass for dinghy, kayak, canoe, small yacht or fishing boat.
Seago E Power Electric Bicycle
E Power from Seago is the new quick and convenient way to get around. This bike has a feature rich specification, is quick to fold and unfold and will get you when you need to to swiftly
- Submersible IPX8 / 1.5M (4.92Ft) for 30 minutes
- Selectable 5 or 1 Watt transmit power output
- Supplied with 2300 mAh Li-Ion battery, AC and DC 3-hour quick chargers
- Built-in noise Cancelling Microphone and Voice Scrambler for clear and private communications
- 40 Programmable Land Mobile Channels 134 MHz to 174 MHz with CTCSS and DCS
- Programmable channel names
- NOAA Weather channels and Weather Alert
- Low battery indicator
- All USA, International and Canadian Marine Channels
- Optional speaker microphones and headsets available
- Programmable Scan, Priority Scan and Dual Watch
- Preset key used to recall up to 10 favorite channels
- Key lock