Seago Liferaft Scrappage Scheme
Liferaft owners who want to trade in their old liferaft of any brand for a new Seago liferaft can do so on the ‘Seago Liferaft Scrappage Scheme’.
How does it work? Customers may purchase a new Seago liferaft and we pay for the collection and disposal of your old liferaft.
Customers can either drop off their liferaft at our Marinescene Warehouse in South Cornelly, Bridgend, CF33 4RE, alternatively we can arrange for a free collection from wherever is most convenient for you (mainland UK, excludes highland and Islands). We will then dispose of your existing liferaft including, flares, lithium battery and gas cylinder in an environmentally friendly manner. Collection subjet to proof of purchase. This disposal service usually cost's up to £50. We will dispose of your liferaft for FREE.
When a customer purchases a new Seago liferaft they will receive a Seago Rescue Sling absolutely FREE
Any queries regarding the Scrappage Scheme please don't hesitate to contact us on 01656 671822
1st Service - 3 Year Service £50-00 Discount
2nd Service - 6 Year Service £65-00 Discount
3rd Service - 9 Year Service £75-00 Discount
Coded Vessels on annual Servicing 25% Discount
Free Fast Track Servicing (72 hour / 3 working days completion) Worth £39.99
Free disposal of old liferaft (battery, gas cylinder, flares, butyl rubber) Worth £49.99
The importance of registering your Seago Liferaft
• Without registration of your liferaft your extended 11 year warranty is no longer valid, 1st year is valid at point of purchase. Total warranty available is 12 years upon registration and following of the service schedule.
• Seago Yachting Ltd will securely maintain customer details and have traceability of your liferaft in the event that we are contacted by the MCA, RNLI or any other emergency services. This information can also prevent the very costly false alarm search and rescue incidents that occur because the customer details are not known.
Why service your liferaft and what happens during a service
• Your Seago liferaft is a technical piece of lifesaving equipment and should be treated accordingly. This requires strict adherence to the servicing schedule set out.
We ensure the subsequent safety checks and all aspects of your equipment adhere to the high standard it is manufactured to.
• 75 Point inspection ensures everything is checked when your liferaft is serviced by an approved Seago service station.
• 4 Point inflation, overpressure and relief valve test.
• Verification of consumables and expiry date checks.
• Firing head inspection and hemetic seal to ensure no salt water has entered the liferaft. Salt water ingress increases the rate of corrosion and must be checked for at every inspection.
• Damage inspection in the event that the liferaft has incurred an impact. If you purchase a liferaft second hand, for your own piece of mind it should be inspected and serviced by an approved Seago service agent.
Terms & Conditions
To qualify for the discounted liferaft servicing scheme the new Seago liferaft must be registered with Seago Yachting Ltd within 1 month of purchase either on the website or by post. The liferaft must be also be serviced by Seago Yachting Ltd, Deanland Business Park, Golden Cross, East Sussex, BN27 3RP. The liferaft must be serviced according to the schedule specified and serviced within the same month of registration at the correct intervals. The discount is applied to the price of servicing that Seago Yachting charge for that year. Seago Yachting Ltd reserve the right to withdraw the discount if the T&C’s are not adhered to